Every Child Counts.


This picture shows one of our 'sponsored' girls in front of her residence. She's got a cute smile, right?.
smile emoticon
She desired to go to school, and got her desire met. Thanks to her sponsor -Mrs A. She showed up at a good time. Thank you. Special shout out to all..
tongue emoticon
Unfortunately, not every child like our young friend gets their request granted. Today, I remember with deep sense of empathy, another young friend...whose guardian wouldn't let us have her, because she has been 'bought' with a price. 
unsure emoticon

 'Oh well, I have paid for her service, already and can't afford to release her to attend any school, now. She got so many things to do for me' says her guardian! Woowow! I was shocked by her response. (Abeg na who send me o. Thank God she didn't pour hot water on my head. lol). This was one little girl that hawks from morning till evening. You needed to see the heavy 'goods' she carries to sell on the street! She was one very strong 9 year old girl. My interaction with her instigated the eventual visit to her abode. And, I had to drive down that evening. smh. Sadly, all efforts to convince her guardian of the importance of granting her wishes, failed. It's been some months, already. And, I don't see my little friend anymore... #FateOfCotonouChildren#Maid

Another, was the youngest 'vulcaniser' I have ever met... I wouldn't forget him in a jiffy, too. His desire was ALMOST granted..until, ]>*#_:@-;'".,!)T.

God bless them wherever they are, granting their wishes...!

I believe in every child is an iota of potential, waiting to be explored.

Show me an out-of-school child, and I would show you a child with dreams, and great aspiration, too.#EveryChildCanLearn#EveryChildDeservesAChance



Comments

Popular Posts